Friday 25 June 2021

Maths Workshops T2 W8

 This week, on thursday, I went to a maths workshop. We did division with sushi, let me explain, One roll of sushi has 8 pieces, and 4 pieces go in one box so all we had to do is first, Times the first number by eight, and then get the answer and finally, divide it by four. But, I have a more efficient method of doing it. Half of four is two so you just have to half the number twice e.g. six times eight equals forty-eight, forty-eight divided by two equals twenty-four, twenty-four divided by two equals twelve. It was hard at the start, but when I got that Idea, I cruised through them. The easiest equation was zero times eight, I just had to write down zeros.


It also helped sharpen my eight times tables and helped give me a good method when dividing by four.
We had some more equations like seven times eight equals fifty-six, fifty-six divided by two equals twenty-eight, twenty-eight divided by two equals fourteen. When we finished,I was very happy because I had learnt a good strategy when dividing by four which could help me in intermediate.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arbay,
    Its me keylaine. I like your use of punctuation, I think this is a amazing blog and I like the use of commas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about