Thursday 30 September 2021

Walk To The Start Of Hamanatua Stream

This week, we went to the start of Hamanatua stream. We started by walking to Scarlys way. When we finally got to Scarlys way, we went through a gate which lead to a small stream that wasn't connected to the Hamanatua. It was too long to jump, so we had to walk on a narrow plank. I kind of made it because only one of my shoes got wet. But the bad thing was, they were my two-hundred dollar shoes! The funny thing was that Rio threw Lola's bag and it fell in the water, it was soaked. Also, Tre tried to get a run up and leap but he slipped on the plank and fell in the water. It was hilarious, even though I felt bad for Tre.


After that incident, we continued. It was pretty rough, it was really muddy and slippery and my shoes got so muddy.(fortunately, after school Jandre helped me clean my shoes.) I was so unlucky when mud was sticking to my shoes and starting to build up, because it was so heavy. We had a break at a purere tree and had some kai. I had a pretty bad lunch, but I did have some nutella bread sticks, which I quickly ate. Soon after, we had our kai, we continued. We saw a calf that was resting, which I thought was dead; Everyone was exhausted, we had been walking for so long, Past the slippery mud and the steep climbs. Finally, we made it. After all the time that we spent travelling here, we made it.


When we turned back, and were back to where the calf was, Koka Rozie checked if it was alive. Turns out that it was alive, and it was scared! It quickly hopped away and to the safety of it's mother. Then we walked back. it was very easy because it was only down hill. When we made it to the start again, I didn't try to jump because I knew I wouldn't make. So I just jumped in and slowly walk across.(At least it cleaned my shoes.) All of us then walked back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about